Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Installation freezes at “Created service script: arcnode”

• AndiMb93
      Subscriber

Hi,

I'm trying to install Ansys 2019 R3 on OpenSUSE Leap 15.1. The installation is freezing at 

AWPROOTDIR = /mnt/appl/x86_64/ansys_inc/v195

Creating ANSYS RSM Cluster Node Service script ...

Created service script: arcnode

There is nothing in the install.err. 

Is there something I can do beside changing to another OS?

Andreas

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Do you have libpng12 installed on the systems ? You can try checking Chapter 2 of ANSYS Install Guide for Linux. Make sure you systems have those prerequisites (or something similar/equivalent) installed.

Thanks,

Win

• AndiMb93
      Subscriber

Hi,

yes, libpng12 is installed. I tried to check the prerequisites and installed some additional 32bit libraries:

already installed:

libpng12-0, libpng12-0-32bit, motif, Mesa, libjpeg62, libXp6, xterm, libSM6, libstdc++-devel and C/C++ libraries

newly installed:

libSM6-32bit, libstdc++-devel-32bit, gtk2-tools-32bit, libXxf86vm1-32bit, libXt6-32bit, glib2-tools-32bit, libXp6-32bit

It still freezes at arcnode.

Andreas

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi Andreas,

Can you check if lsb is installed ?

https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/465474-openSUSE-11-4-does-not-install-LSB-by-default

Thanks,

Win

• AndiMb93
      Subscriber

Hi Win,

I checked and it wasn't installed, just lsb-release not the lsb core package. I installed but it still freezes at arcnode. Is there a way to check where and why the arcnode script is stopping working?

Andreas

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi Andreas,

There used to be a flag -debug that you can add when launching the installer but I've not used that for a long time, not sure if it still works with these new versions.

Could you try it ?

Thanks,

Win

• AndiMb93
      Subscriber

Hi Win,

I tried but I can't see anything in the debug informations. The installation process still stops at "Created service script: arcnode". The last line in the debug log is "Running configuration script"/mnt/appl/x86_64/ansys_inc/v195/commonfiles/configs/linx64/config/AnsConfigWB.sh" -installdir "/mnt/appl/x86_64/ansys_inc" -rev 195 -dotrev 2019 R3 -scripttosource "/mnt/appl/x86_64/ansys_inc/v195/commonfiles/configs/linx64/config/ConfigCommon.tcl" -sourcedir "/tmp/ans_install_tmp18294" -os_lang en-us -install -skip_file_associations"

Andreas

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Andreas,

what if you change the installation directory to be just the default one, like /ansys_inc/v195/ 

if this still doesn't work, I'm out of idea, sorry. You may have to use a supported OS.

Win

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.