Discovery Import

Discovery Import

Installation issue ‘Discovery SpaceClaim 2019 R2’

TAGGED: ,

• will
      Subscriber

Hi,

Ive gone to install my Discovery SpaceClaim 2019 R2 license from my online account. downloaded, unzipped, ran install.exe etc. Everything installed fine. When i go to Launch from start / ANSYS 2019 R2 / ANSYS Discovery Suite / Discovery SpaceClaim 2019 R2 i get this old legacy 'Ansys Spaceclaim direct modeler confidential' splash screen which then hangs prompting me with 'Spaceclaim 2019 R2 has stopped working'. The software wont launch.

Please can someone offer some input.

Much appreciated

Will.

• will
      Subscriber

As an update, I removed all software and started again. also right clicked on the extracted .exe file and ran as admin. I'm admin on my account so should make no difference. Initial install was direct from Zip file so unsure if this was potentially the issue? The software has launched now (finally!) as expected.

• Subashni Ravichandran
      Ansys Employee

Hello Will

Launching the setup with 'Run as admin' is an important step in the installation process.

Glad to know that the issue is resolved.

• Subashni Ravichandran
      Ansys Employee

Hello Will

I also missed adding that unzipping the files is also an essential best practice that needs to be followed.

• will
      Subscriber

It maybe worth adding these instructions to the download screen. From memory this isn't clear as part of the process to make everything run smoothly.

• Subashni Ravichandran
      Ansys Employee

Hello Will

Thank you for the feedback. We will definitely consider this.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.