Ansys Products

Ansys Products

installation issues and starting problems geometry editor

• PhilZu
      Subscriber
      Good mornig/evening/night,   Yesterday I installed Ansys Student 19.2 on drive (D as an administrator. After the installation was completed, I wanted to start my first few projects f.e. a simple rod issue. If I tried to start the Geometry editor in static-mechanic, I got the following error message: "AnsysWBU.exe encountered a problem. A diagnostic file has been written: [...]". If I tried to design a simple rod with SpaceClaim and open the model in the workbench, the mechanics try to open, but nothing else than a grey background with a title (mechanics) appears.   I have already tried to reinstall the software, rename the folders in %appdata% from ansys to old_ansys and in %temp% .ansys to old.ansys. After that i deleted the registry entries with the CCleaner and reinstall then. The error occured again. Next I installed Ansys on drive (C. Didn't work.   After that I tried to uninstall everything from Version 19.2 and instead installing version 18.2. The same error with the not working AnsysWBU occurs.   I have already updated my graphic driver.   My setup: PC with Windows 7, a GeForce GTX 650, 8GB RAM and an Intel(R) CORE(TM) i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00 GHz.   Siemens NX 10 is already installed for studying purposes and working without issues. I had installed Solidworks for my A-levels, but already removed it.   Does anyone have any suggestions to fix the problem? Or is my PC just too old or my graphic card to bad? Thanks in Advance!   And I'm  living currently in a dorm, so there's only a public network available. I get a lot of notifications to allow the communication in public networks by the windows firewall if i first start the program, may this cause any problems or issues?
    • tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi PhilZu,

First of all, yes, you may have issue with your graphics card as ANSYS doesn't officially support GeForce line. Here is the link to platform support

https://www.ansys.com/Solutions/Solutions-by-Role/IT-Professionals/Platform-Support

That being said, you can try updating the graphics driver of your Geforce card to see if that makes any difference. Make sure you check for the latest Nvidia driver from here  https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Also, there are plenty of other possible causes of this issue with AnsysWBU.exe and opening Geometry editor. You can try the followings and see if any of them help (change version and your installation path accordingly)

####################################

1. Reset configurations

Rename folder v182 in this directory 

%AppData%Ansys     (please copy and paste this in the Windows Explorer address bar)

to anything else 

2. Make sure that ANSYS application is really using your GeForce card and not the integrated Intel graphics card

Right click on the desktop then launch Nvidia Control Panel >> Manage 3D settings >> set Preferred graphics processor to be "High-performance NVIDIA processor.

3. Manually register the DLLs listed below by starting a Command Prompt (DOS) "as administrator" and changing to the directory c:windowssystem32, then typing:

regsvr32.exe ole32.dll

regsvr32.exe atl.dll

regsvr32.exe oleaut32.dll

regsvr32.exe scrrun.dll

regsvr32.exe jscript.dll

regsvr32.exe vbscript.dll

4. Check the PATH System Variable to make sure that C:WINDOWSsystem32;C:WINDOWS;C:WINDOWSSystem32Wbem;… entries are in front of everything else.

Like C:WINDOWSsystem32;C:WINDOWS;C:WINDOWSSystem32Wbem;…all other entries...

5. Run the Product & CAD Configuration and configure the application again, with "Run as Administrator" >> "Configure Products & CADs" >> select all options.

6. Try adding exceptions in Windows FW or security/anti-virus software for (default directory)

FrameworkbinWin64AnsysFW.exe

FrameworkbinWin64AnsysFWW.exe

binWin64RunWB2.exe

aisolbinwinx64AnsysWBU.exe

Thank you,

Win

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.