Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Installation Problem – “The installation completed with warnings/errors”

• nkandemir
      Subscriber

Hello,

I have just downloaded and installed ANSYS 19.0. After the installation process, the setup interface stated that there are some errors/warnings. I have checked the error log and tried the run setup several times without uninstalling but it didn't work.

I have controlled the path "C:UsersNayýfAppDataLocal"; however, there was not any directory named "Temp".

I also noticed that some of the paths start with "C:UsersNay?fAppDataLocalTemp" whereas some others start with "C:UsersNayýfAppDataLocalTemp".

I have uploaded the error log and the screenshot of the "C:UsersNayýfAppDataLocal" directory.

Besides, I have another error log named "install_licconfig" as well. I think it is related to ANSYS, Inc. Licence Manager since I also had a similar error warning for the ANSYS Licence Manager installation.

Finally, I could not find the ANSYS application, so I was not able to run it.

Thanks for help

• JakeC
      Ansys Employee

Hi nkandemir,

Did you extract the .zip file before running setup.exe?

If not, please try that.  For example, extract to a directory on  your desktop.

Also be sure that you have run setup.exe as an administrator:

Right Click on Setup.exe and select "Run As Administrator"

It also appears as though there are non-standard characters in your username.

Please try creating a local user with standard english characters such as "abc" (without the quotes)

Then extract and install while logged into that user.

Thank you,

Jake

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.