September 18, 2018 at 11:27 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
The ANSYS Student 18.2 that I installed last year has expired.
I have ANSYS Student 19.0 and 19.1 installed and they are working.
I have downloaded a fresh copy of ANSYS Student 18.2 with a newer expiration date.
I have uninstalled the expired 18.2. Can I install the new 18.2 even though 19.0 and 19.1 are already installed?
I wondered if I have to uninstall 19.0 and 19.1 and reinstall after the new 18.2 is installed so that they are installed in release order.
September 19, 2018 at 12:50 amtsiriaksAnsys Employee
There are two aspects of this:
1. Installation: I think the 'rules' for commercial products also apply to here. It's usually not recommended but it doesn't mean it's not going to work.
There could be an issue with Windows File Association.
I would say, you can do this backward but it's best to make a copy of the following files first
- Files under (default location) C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS StudentShared FilesLicensingwinx64
Since the files here are shared with any version installed under the same ANSYS Inc parent directory , these files must be from the latest version installed on the machine.
- Another file is the license file 'student.lic' under C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS StudentShared FilesLicensing . Since this can be shared with other versions (it's under the Shared Files directory), I don't think it's version specific. But I'm not 100% if you need this file from the latest version installed. My guess is you don't need it to be from the latest version. Any student.lic that you get from any installation package should work as long as the license file still has valid date.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Error with workbench SceneGraphChart
- Workbench error
- Workbench not opening
- How can I renew ANSYS student version license?
- License Error
- Sizing on Ansys Workbench 19.2
- Error: Exception of type ‘Ansys.Fluent.Cortex.Cortex not availableException’ was thrown
- Licensing error while opening ANSYS Mechanical
- An error occurred when the post processor attempted to load a specific result.
- Problem with FlexNet Licensing
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.