Photonics

Photonics

Integration of SiEPIC pdk and Ansys/Lumerical Interconnect

• Subhash Arya
      Subscriber

I have a workshop license of Ansys/Lumerical via an edX course on Silicon Photonics conducted by Prof. Lukas. However, I am unable to integrate the simulation from the KLayout platform to Ansys/Lumerical Interconnect. I am getting Ansys License Manager Error, namely that "lumerical_gui does not exist". License Path: 1055@localhost, FlexNet Licensing error:-5,147. Please help in this regard.

Thank you.

Subhash Arya

NEHU Shillong

• Lito Yap
      Ansys Employee

@Subhash Arya,

1. Try to reset/delete the Lumerical preference/configuration.ini files including the "License.ini" from your computer. 

Ansys Lumerical product preference files – Ansys Optics 

2. Then configure Lumerical to obtain the license from the Ansys LM on Server: localhost, Default Port. 

How to obtain a floating license – Ansys Optics 

3. Ensure that the Domain in the Lumerical Licenses configuration is "Standard"

• Subhash Arya
      Subscriber

After following the suggested step in deleting .ini files and reinstalling Ansys Lumerical

• Subhash Arya
      Subscriber

Step 2

• Subhash Arya
      Subscriber

Step 3

• Subhash Arya
      Subscriber

Step 4. After this nothing comes.

• Subhash Arya
      Subscriber

Firstly, I followed the suggestion given by @Lito. Even I uninstall and then re-install both Ansys and Lumerical software. I further tried the above four steps, as shown in the images. The problem could not be solved. Are you sure you provide a KLayout-Lumerical Interconnect API integration license with the edX course? I wrote my problem in the discussion section of the Edx course on Silicon Photonics as, "I think Ansys Lumerical should also provide below license: "Product: INTERCONNECT and Automation API - Teaching License, Quota: 1 Product: KLayout Interoperability - Teaching License, Quota: 1" This time Ansys Lumerical provided Multiphysics, Mode, FDTD and "Ansys Lumerical INTERCONNECT license" only.  " But no one responded. 

• Lito Yap
      Ansys Employee

@Subhash Arya,

Did you setup the Lumerical Path in KLayout as outlined in our KB?

KLayout Interoperability User Manual – Ansys Optics 

Or try to add the Lumerical/Python API install path into your Windows environment variable (PATH). 

Create or modify environment variables in Windows – Ansys Optics

• Subhash Arya
      Subscriber

I want to inform you that, unfortunately, your none suggestion is working. I am fed up with your way of solving the issue. Working with Ansys, Lumerical, and KLayout is clumsy and unnecessarily difficult. Meanwhile, I am losing a significant validity duration of the license period. I have already wasted more than seven days struggling with this problem. It is very unpleasant to experience.  Working with KLayout and Lumerical Interconnect is not new to me, but it becomes problematic once it is added to Ansys. 

• Lito Yap
      Ansys Employee

Just to clarify, Is the Ansys license manager up and running and showing the licenses that are available for checkout and you can open and run Lumerical? i.e. FDTD/MODE/INTERCONNECT directly? 

https://optics.ansys.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405401057811-Ansys-license-manager-installation-guide-for-Windows#toc_5

Or are you still getting the licensing error indicated in your post? 

I am getting Ansys License Manager Error, namely that “lumerical_gui does not exist”. License Path: 1055@localhost, FlexNet Licensing error:-5,147.

If you are still unable to open Lumerical directly with the above error please edit your "License.ini" file and change "domain=2".

See this KB article for details:> Specify license manager location non-graphically – Ansys Optics And this KB page for the location of the License.ini file on your computer:> Ansys Lumerical product preference files – Ansys Optics 

• Subhash Arya
      Subscriber

I did whatever instructions were given, but every effort was not fruitful. 

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.