General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Interacting Structures

• ShaiC
      Subscriber
      Hello,I am trying to model the motion of two hemispheres in aqwa. When I solve my model however, the interaction between the devices is not picked up. The Interacting Structures setting is set to all. Does anyone know what might be going wrong with my simulation? Any help is appreciated. n
    • Yu Bi
      Ansys Employee
      Hi, ShaiC, did you mean Interacting Structure Group 1 is set to All? Are the structures all included in the analysis, i.e. the Structures to Exclude is set to None? How did you tell the interaction between the devices is not picked up? n
    • ShaiC
      Subscriber
      Hi, nThanks for your response. Yes the interacting structure group 1 is set to All, and the structures to exclude is set to none. nI am trying to solve for the added mass and damping coefficient of the spheres, and my solution gives that both spheres have equal constants. nPlease let me know if you have any idea what might be wrong.Thanks so much in advance.n
    • Yu Bi
      Ansys Employee
      Hi, if you want to see the effect of the hydrodynamic interaction, you need to compare the results of the model with two spheres and the model with one sphere.n
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.