March 21, 2021 at 4:24 pmShaiCSubscriberHello,I am trying to model the motion of two hemispheres in aqwa. When I solve my model however, the interaction between the devices is not picked up. The Interacting Structures setting is set to all. Does anyone know what might be going wrong with my simulation? Any help is appreciated. n
March 22, 2021 at 2:43 pmYu BiAnsys EmployeeHi, ShaiC, did you mean Interacting Structure Group 1 is set to All? Are the structures all included in the analysis, i.e. the Structures to Exclude is set to None? How did you tell the interaction between the devices is not picked up? n
March 22, 2021 at 4:15 pmShaiCSubscriberHi, nThanks for your response. Yes the interacting structure group 1 is set to All, and the structures to exclude is set to none. nI am trying to solve for the added mass and damping coefficient of the spheres, and my solution gives that both spheres have equal constants. nPlease let me know if you have any idea what might be wrong.Thanks so much in advance.n
March 25, 2021 at 6:55 pmYu BiAnsys EmployeeHi, if you want to see the effect of the hydrodynamic interaction, you need to compare the results of the model with two spheres and the model with one sphere.n
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.