TAGGED: interconnect, Lumerical-FDTD, plasmonics, ring-resonators
February 2, 2023 at 5:39 pmNishith NarendraSubscriber
I am simulating ring resonators in the Interconnect platform by breaking it down into the basic components (directional coupler, curved waveguide, straight waveguide). I have added an S-parameter block (S-par 1) in the Interconnect (figure 1)..
This block corresponds to an FDTD simulation of a straight waveguide with a nanorod on top of it. The 3D fdtd simulation of the waveguide and gold nanorod is done as shown in fig. 2. The boundaries are PML, and there is a finner mesh around the nanorod with step size 2x2x2 nm^3.
Wavelength range: 1480-1530 nm,
At the drop port output of the ring resonator (input 2 in the ONA), I get a normalized power transmission exceeding 1 (figure 3), which is a violation of energy conservation. Could anyone help me with this issue ?
February 3, 2023 at 11:49 amNishith NarendraSubscriberPlease, do let me know if more information is required.
February 24, 2023 at 4:38 pm
March 17, 2023 at 5:00 pmNishith NarendraSubscriber
This issue was solved. The problem was with the FDTD simulation of the nanorod with the curved waveguide. There were reflections from the PML boundaries that were increasing on combining with the ring.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Why my simulation result is different from published paper or experiment?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.