Photonics

Photonics

INTERCONNECT: How to inverse a driving signal

• dmao
      Subscriber

Hi,

I am using INTERCONNECT to simulate TWMZM. As shown in the simulation file below, may I ask how can I drive the two arms inversely at the same time? To be specific, can I connect a certain component after the PRBS module so that there will be two opposite outputs?

Thank you,

Deng

• Guilin Sun
      Ansys Employee

I am not sure what does the inverse driving signal mean? do you mean the 2nd one is the inverse of the current RPBS_1? for this given circuit, there is only one driving electric [0,1] that is to modulate the optical signal and it is the optical signal that is pripagating.

Please make sure the applied modulations of the two arms in the MZM are correct. You may need to elaborate more for your circuit, component and simulation purpose.

• dmao
      Subscriber

Hi, thank you for your quick response. This is just a demo circuit from Lumerical. I would like the driving signal of the lower arm to be the inverse of the upper arm. Could you please let me know how to achieve this purpose? Thank you. 

• Guilin Sun
      Ansys Employee

I do not think you can have another PRBS to have the opposite [0 1] series directly. This is because PRBS is a random  bit sequence generator and no other PRBS can have its inverse sequence.

I know you want to drive the modulator, but I did not find any example similar to this. You will need a logic not to create the inverse signal. 

• dmao
      Subscriber

Is there a logic node that we can use to inverse the input signal?

• Guilin Sun
      Ansys Employee

You may use the "Electrical Constant Multiplier" to reverse the electrical signal after the NRZ, or  use the "Digital NOT" element to invert the digital Please  search the names to find the elements in the library

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.