September 9, 2022 at 3:08 pm
September 9, 2022 at 6:16 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
I am not sure what does the inverse driving signal mean? do you mean the 2nd one is the inverse of the current RPBS_1? for this given circuit, there is only one driving electric [0,1] that is to modulate the optical signal and it is the optical signal that is pripagating.
Please make sure the applied modulations of the two arms in the MZM are correct. You may need to elaborate more for your circuit, component and simulation purpose.
September 9, 2022 at 6:18 pmdmaoSubscriber
Hi, thank you for your quick response. This is just a demo circuit from Lumerical. I would like the driving signal of the lower arm to be the inverse of the upper arm. Could you please let me know how to achieve this purpose? Thank you.
September 9, 2022 at 7:41 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
I do not think you can have another PRBS to have the opposite [0 1] series directly. This is because PRBS is a random bit sequence generator and no other PRBS can have its inverse sequence.
I know you want to drive the modulator, but I did not find any example similar to this. You will need a logic not to create the inverse signal.
September 9, 2022 at 7:43 pmdmaoSubscriber
Is there a logic node that we can use to inverse the input signal?
September 9, 2022 at 8:59 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
You may use the "Electrical Constant Multiplier" to reverse the electrical signal after the NRZ, or use the "Digital NOT" element to invert the digital Please search the names to find the elements in the library
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.