Fluids

Fluids

Interfacial area from population balance model

• krndv
      Subscriber
      Hello
      I have modelled a bubble column reactor with discrete population balance model . Can anyone help me calculate interfactial area od secondary phase or atleast sauter mean diameter?

Thank you
      Krndv
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee

PBM is rather complex, and we're limited to what's in the documentation in many cases. I assume you've read the doc?  From memory you need to divide one of the moments by one of the other moments to get D32 and interface area is directly taken from a moment. 

• krndv
      Subscriber

The diameter mentioned in " countours > Parameter > Diameter" is the D32 right?

Model: Eulerian Multiphase (water and air) with PBM

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Not sure, PBM is on my list to learn properly, for now please read the manuals! 

• krndv
      Subscriber

Model: Eulerian Multiphase (water and air) with PBM

Any specific answer for this?

Also in user manual its given, moments can be found for discrete model from population balance variables. But I am unable to find 'moments' as a variable in discrete PBM model post processing. 

If I can get moments, m3/m2 will give D32 right?

Using Fluent 19.

• krndv
      Subscriber

Case: Multiphase water-air system with population balance model. 

Can anyone give a proper answer for above doubt?

Regards

Kdev

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Sauter Mean is under Properties>Diameter. Interfacial Area is just using that sauter mean and the total volume fraction

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.