Photonics

Photonics

Intermittent unknown FEEM error

Tagged: ,

• cmcdonald
      Subscriber

I'm running a fairly simple script in FEEM and keep running into an error that doesn't describe what caused it and that cannot consistently reproduce. Does anyone know where this comes from, or at least how to tell what's causing it? This is a run-time error, not a script error.

• cmcdonald
      Subscriber

• Guilin Sun
      Ansys Employee
      This is a new error message for me. You may try DGTD and see if it works, or other FEEm files.
      I would suggest that you:
      1: test an online FEEM example using the same script
      2: if the same message appears again, restart your computer
      3: if again it shows error, reinstall the software, with latest version.
      You may need a clean installation: Ansys insight: Fixing Lumerical Activation errors
      If the problem still exists, please provide your OS information.
    • cmcdonald
      Subscriber
      I tried the above steps, and upgraded Lumerical from 2021 R2.3 to 2022 R1 and still get the same error. I'm running on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, version 20H2.
    • Guilin Sun
      Ansys Employee
      For the same project file, have you tried other script? We need to isolate the cause: is the script file or the project file that has issue. I suspect that your feem file has some issue. Please try this online example first:
      https://support.lumerical.com/hc/en-us/articles/4409707153811-Bent-Waveguide-FEEM-
      make sure the example files work. When it works, it means the software is normal.
      then using the example project file, run your script and see if it works. You may need to simply the script if it has specific lines referring your feem file.
      and run the example script files on your feem file, by simplifying the script file to let it work on your feem file.
      If any problem happens, please provide a screen copy of the FEEM project file and paste your script file here.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.