September 29, 2023 at 7:31 amAbhishek ShingalaSubscriber
Hello everyone, In the fluent software when I try to modify cells or use tet improve and perform operation, it takes too much time and in anycase if I try to interupt the client using ctrl + c in the console, it never stops running. does anyone know any other way to stop operation? why fluent does not have a stopping button?
September 29, 2023 at 9:12 amRobForum Moderator
Stop usually works, and CTRL+C also stops the solver. You may need to hit CTRL+C a couple of times if you're running transient.
Some operations, DPM tracks and mesh processes don't have an interrupt as doing so could corrupt the update. These processes can take a few minutes, longer if you accidentally set something incorrectly or your change/update is large relative to the compute hardware.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.