Introducing: Topics in Plasticity

• nselvara
      Ansys Employee
    • nselvara
      Ansys Employee
      n
    • TAWFIQ
      Subscriber
      Dear concern,nPlease be informed that I am not able validate my simulation results with the experimental results of Large strain necking of a tensile bar specimen.n nSo I am requesting you to elaborate the process to construct force per deformation curve which is required to validate the experimental results.n nKind regards,nTawfiqn
    • SaiD
      Ansys Employee
      ,nThank you for your suggestion. We will consider this topic for a future How To video. In the meanwhile, could you create a new question about the issues you are facing? Since it is a large strain necking case, it is possible that the experimental result reports nominal stress (Force/Original cross-sectional area), while the simulations report true stress (Force/current cross-sectional area). The strain measure may also be different in the experiment vs simulation.nnCould you please create a new post with detailed description of your issues?.Thanks,nSain
    • TAWFIQ
      Subscriber
      Hi,nMy issue is I am getting force reaction at the boundary condition which is displacement.nFrom my point of view for plotting force vs deformation a node should be considered.nPlease advise on the issue.nKind regards,nTawfiqn
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.