August 8, 2023 at 8:21 amJack CoolSubscriber
I am solving a problem in which i have clamped a composite plate between two metals plates using bolts and nuts. The stress value which was coming out increased. Does it happens beacause of stress singularity.
August 8, 2023 at 9:08 amSampat KumarAnsys Employee
Will you please upload a screenshot of the simulation if possible? There might be possibilities of stress singularity, but it can’t always be there because it can depend upon the nature of the applied force, Boundary condition and contact on the corner as well. If the very high stress is very much pointed on a small region as compared to the whole area, then we can think about the stress singularity, but I would be in a better position to comment further if you could upload a screenshot of the simulation and what types of loads you have applied.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- User manual
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Defining rigid body and contact
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.