Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Invalid argument passed to bulk checkout

• Jocelyn Dubuc
      Subscriber

I just installed Ansys student 2021R2 and I'm unable to use SpaceClaim. I can open a project in Workbench just fine but when I try to open SpaceClaim (either through the project or just standalone) I get this error message, followed by a message telling me that no valid license was found. However, the license should be built-in and valid until 01/31/2023. How can I get SpaceClaim to work?

• George Karnos
      Ansys Employee

Under %TEMP%\.ansys you should see license debug files.
      Are there any errors listed in the debug files?

• Jocelyn Dubuc
        Subscriber

Here is what I see in the license debug file when I try to open SpaceClaim. Please let me know if this isn't what you're talking about.

• Jocelyn Dubuc
          Subscriber

When I open licdebug.SPACECLAIM.212.out, this is what I see for my most recent start-up of SpaceClaim:

2022/10/19 15:16:28    INFO                Starting Licensing Client Proxy server.
          2022/10/19 15:16:28    INFO                C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\v212\licensingclient\winx64\ansyscl.exe -acl 7228.63445 -nodaemon -log C:\Users\jocel\AppData\Local\Temp\.ansys\ansyscl.BonneJournée.7228.63445.log
          2022/10/19 15:16:28    INFO                Started ANSYSLI server.
          2022/10/19 15:16:30    CLIENT_CONNECT                                                                                           1/1/1/1   7228:SPACECLAIM:jocel@BonneJournée:winx64                  7380:10.192.177.151 
          2022/10/19 15:16:30    NEW_CONNECTION      Connected to Licensing Client Proxy server: 51079@127.0.0.1.

• George Karnos
      Ansys Employee

Exit all ansys programs.

Try renaming:

%APPDATA%\Ansys
      to:
      %APPDATA%\Ansys.old

And:
      %APPDATA%\SpaceClaim
      to:
      %APPDATA%\SpaceClaim.old

Now try to run.

• Jocelyn Dubuc
        Subscriber

Just tried this. I am still getting the same error message when I try to launch SpaceClaim.

• George Karnos
      Ansys Employee

If this a new installation, I recommend changing the Hostname of the machine...

BonneJournée  contains a special character and most likely is interferring with license .

Example... Change from BonneJournée to BonneJournee

Also, when was this version downloaded?

Did you download the following version:   2021 R2.1

• Jocelyn Dubuc
        Subscriber

Ok, I will try changing the hostname and tell you what happens. I downloaded it yesterday (Oct. 18th) to try and see if a fresh install would fix the problem.

• Jocelyn Dubuc
        Subscriber

Changing the hostname did the trick. Everything seems to work now. Thank you so much for your help! 

• George Karnos
      Ansys Employee

Also, was there a previous version installed?

• Jocelyn Dubuc
        Subscriber

I had installed version 2021 R2.1 before but uninstalled to try and see if a fresh install would fix my problem. 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.