General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Invalid Geometry Error. Not able find the object by right clicking on error

• Jaideep Gahlawat
      Subscriber

After clearing the filter under Model should have allowed me to go the object having invalid geometry. But it does not work. I am using Workbench Version 2021 R2. Please help. 

• Aniket
      Ansys Employee

Can you connect the geometry cell of this existing Mechanical Model (from workbench page) to new system. Please do not share Model cell, just connect the geometry and Engg data cells of the existing system to new one. And see if you see the same error?

My hunch is the problematic geometry may have been deleted from the tree.

-Aniket

How to access Ansys help links

Guidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning Forum

• Jaideep Gahlawat
      Subscriber

Hi, thanks for the tip. I duplicated Meachnical Model and Created a New Structural connected to Engineering Data and Geometry. It is not even allowing me to insert contact tool by right click or solving the model by right click. Looks like  corrupted.

Also getting following error message:

Update failed for the Solution component in Static.Structural_New.  Error updating cell Solution in system Static.Structural_New. View the messages in the Mechanical editor for more details.

I will make an archive of the model and reopen to see if error persists.

thanks

• Aniket
      Ansys Employee

Do NOT duplicate Mechanical Model, if the Mechdat file is corrupt, it might not help. Try taking the geometry file to new Mechanical model.

-Aniket

How to access Ansys help links

Guidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning Forum

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.