3D Design

3D Design

Invalid “Geometry”

• MarkBrincat29
      Subscriber

Im new to Ansys and for my engineering assignment I have to design a pedestrian footbridge. I designed the truss and the deck of the bridge in ansys, and just to try it out i chose structural steel as the material for everything. I also added the fixed supports for this bridge. For some reason when i try and see the deflection i keep getting the error invalid "Geometry".

Could someone tell me what this means? thanks

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

What version of ANSYS are you using:18.2 , 19.2?
      What Geometry editor are you using: DesignModeler or SpaceClaim?

Please show a screen shot of your Geometry in the Geometry Editor and a screen shot of your Geometry in the Mechanical program. Be sure to include and expand the Geometry Tree on the left side of Mechanical.

Regards,
      Peter

• MarkBrincat29
      Subscriber

Hi Peter,

Thank you for such a quick reply and apologies for my late one.

I'm using Version 19.2, and i created the model using SpaceClaim.

I attached the two images you requested. In SpaceClaim I first sketched out the truss I wanted, a small section of it. I added a Profile to the members and then I created an array for the whole length of the bridge. After I clicked Workbench>Sharing>Share because I saw someone do it on YouTube. Not really sure what it does for now.

In Mechanical I added a face mesh, I selected the fixed supports and also added fixed rotational supports in the middle of the bridge. Regarding Loads I just added the normal gravity load.

If you need any more info please do let me know

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Hi Mark,

Please watch these videos and see if you can figure out what you did differently in your model.

Regards,
      Peter

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.