August 1, 2018 at 1:03 pmAbilash95Subscriber
Everytime I click "edit" on setup of my ACP (pre) module, this message pops up of "invalid syntax". How do I solve this?
August 1, 2018 at 4:39 pmSean HarveyAnsys Employee
A few things to try. Right mouse button on setup and pick clear generated data. Also, be sure you have shell elements in the meshed model as ACP uses shells as the starting point for both layered shell and layered solids (solid model extraction) methodologies. If this does not work, please try inserting a new ACP system and either connect the geometry or mesh from your existing ACP to see if it is unique to that ACP system or is coming from upstream Geometry or Mesh. If at that point it does not work, see if you can do a generic model (rectangular plate with layup). Thank you.
August 4, 2018 at 10:22 amAbilash95Subscriber
So I've tried it as you said and it still is not working. I've attached a screen recording of what I'm doing and I'm working with a flat panel. When I edit the model to give it thickness and assign a material, a green cross appears next to the surface. Any idea what that means?
August 4, 2018 at 1:56 pmSandeep MedikondaAnsys Employee
You can't just update project as you don't have the model correctly setup in ACP. You need to first update the Model by right-clicking and selecting 'Update'. Then either Right click on Setup > Edit or double-click on Setup. Once ACP opens, set up the fabric properties, layers, orientation etc. Remember that you need to Update whenever you define a new item or modify one in ACP.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.