General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Invalid vector subscript error

• AddisonG01
      Subscriber

When I go to import a load on an imported body temperature in transient structural, I get this error exception: The import operation failed with the message 'invalid vector subscript". Mechanical will not attempt to create a dump file and terminate. All work since the previous database save will be lost. What does this mean and how can I fix it so that all of my work isn't lost when I complete this step?

• Gary Stofan
      Ansys Employee
      Hello
      How are you inputting the body temperature ? Is it a Text file into External Data or ?
      It seems like it may be problem with the input file format.If so, can you edit the file to see if that is the problem?
    • vogtludw
      Subscriber
      I┬┤m getting the same error message when importing the temperautre distribution from a solid (fluent) to static or transient structural. I┬┤m linking the structural analysis directly to the solution from fluent, so as the CFD-Results File the .dat.h5 file from the fluent simulation is autoamtically inserted at the specific field. I have seen some examples on YouTube where the solid temperatures are imported to calculate residual stresses, so i┬┤m sure it should be possible but i find it strange to get this error message because i┬┤m using the typical ansys file formats and no external data format. As Gary_S noted, it looks like a problem with the input file, does anybody know how to fix this or a workaround to import the temperatures in structural?
    • Erik Kostson
      Ansys Employee
      and
      Not sure about a workaround in 2021R2,but:
      Can you please download the latest and new 2022 R1 version, and try and see how it goes on 2022 R1.

thank you

Erik
    • vogtludw
      Subscriber
      Hi Erik Thanks for the note, switching to 2022R2 solved the Problem. Now the temperature can be imported without an error message.
    • Erik Kostson
      Ansys Employee
      That is great - thank you!

Erik
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.