May 10, 2023 at 12:12 amLeonid PascarSubscriber
I would like to optimize a design areas in different positions. Would it be possible to do so with LumOpt?
May 10, 2023 at 4:32 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
I believe it is doable, as long as you can specify the areas that should not have any structures. That means you are limiting the variable space, which may need you to modify LumOpt. Please try and let us know if it works.
May 15, 2023 at 1:32 amTaylor RobertsonAnsys Employee
Only one optimization region is currently allowed within Lumopt, so you may need to optimize these regions separately or make the opt region large enough to include both. Guilin is right that there is not really a physical limitation and so by modifying lumopt for it to understand how to handle the d_eps and\or gradient calculations I think you could get it work.
We cannot really support these type of updates to the code base, and I am not precisely clear on what would be required. It is an option given that lumopt is an open source python framework.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Why my simulation result is different from published paper or experiment?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.