February 7, 2022 at 11:20 pmmohitkhuranaSubscriber
hi, i have several questions,
- How to resume a simulation? can I import npz file again in simulation and start from where it left.
- How to improve simulation time for inverse design, my simulation time for 600 iterations is about 5 days.
Please suggest me how to improve simulation time. I really appreciate your time and effort.
Mohit.February 11, 2022 at 1:52 amKyleAnsys Employee
You can resume simulation by loading the parameters from an NPZ file and using them as the starting parameters of the next simulation. See the "Topology Considerations" section of this page for an example: https://support.lumerical.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052044913
To improve the speed of your simulations you can try optimizing your hardware configuration, as described on this page: https://support.lumerical.com/hc/en-us/articles/4403788796947. You could also try reducing the mesh size, though this will lead to less accurate simulations. You could also consider whether you can use symmetry boundary conditions. You could also try using varFDTD instead of 3D FDTD if you aren't doing so already.
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Lumerical support has moved to the Ansys Learning Forum (ALF)
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- focusing efficiency
Top Rated Tags