Preprocessing

Preprocessing

Irregular and huge mesh in combination of ACP(Pre) and Mechanical Model

• Ina
      Subscriber

Hi everyone, I used ACP(pre) and Mechanical Model to design different parts. Then I want to use Static Structural but the mesh will be irregular and huge like the below picture, it is a tail!

• Govindan Nagappan
      Ansys Employee
      From the image you have posted, you do not need system B. You can delete it. Then directly connect the SetUp cell from ACP to Static Structural system Model cell
      Also directly connect the Model cell from Mechanical Model system to Static Structural system Model cell. This should allow you to assemble the two meshes
    • Ina
      Subscriber

Thanks for your reply
      I did it but still, it doesn't change!
      Mesh remain irregular and huge!
    • Govindan Nagappan
      Ansys Employee
      The suggestion was to get the correct workflow

If the mesh is not as expected, check in the application where you created the mesh. If the mesh for the composite is not correct, check in ACP. Check the thickness value used for solid extrusion. Check the units. Do you see the correct mesh in ACP?
      If the mesh for the non-composie parts is not correcrt, check the Mechanical application where the mesh was created.
    • srutheesh
      Subscriber

The reason for this irregular and huge mesh would be the difference in units between the static structural module and ACP module. Please change the units in the ACP to mm and update the ACP. Also, don't forget to update your ply thicknesses ( or stack or fabric thicknesses) after changing the units in ACP. Hope it may work.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.