September 15, 2020 at 3:34 pmjrodrigSubscriberIn a transient simulation, I would like to measure the acceleration of a point mass attached to a remote point. I have the option to extract the deformation on that point, but not acceleration or velocity. If this option is not available directly in workbench, is it possible to use a APDL command code to extract that?nThanks,nJosen
September 15, 2020 at 6:20 pmGovindan NagappanAnsys EmployeeIf you know the node number(or if you can locate it from input file ds,dat), you can insert Directional Acceleration. (Right click on Solution -> Insert -> Deformation -> Directional Acceleration). In details of acceleration, set Scoping method to result file item. Item type to Node IDs and solver component ID to the node number and evaluate it.nOr use command object. If you provide a pilot node APDL name for the remote point, you can use that in the NSOL command to save the acceleration result to a variable and use PLVAR to plot itnThanksnGovindann
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.