Fluids

Fluids

Is it possible to assign different wall name to already existing one after completion of simulation?

• KSD
      Subscriber

Before running simulation in fluent, I have named all the wall boundary edges as Wall. And transferred to Fluent.

But now after completing my simulation, I realized that if I had given different wall names for different section of wall, then it would be easier to do post processing of that specific part of wall using polyline intersection tool.

For e.g. This is how I gave all edges of a domain with same name as wall

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      Use domain  zones  separate. Then you can have different walls. No need to run it again.
      Please go through help manual for more details
      Regards Keyur
      How to access Ansys Online Help Document
      Guidelines on the Student Community

• KSD
      Subscriber
      Sir, thank you. After reading your answer I got the the tag word to search for and found the help in YouTube, (
      " target="blank">
      ), using region how they are separating a wall.
      But still here I have to specify the region then use separate, isn't it possible to do something similar to like again renaming the edges in Ansys meshing and then assigning the BCs in fluent without interrupting the solutions.
      I mean can I do something similar to this instead of marking a region or specifying the coordinates.
  • Rob
    Ansys Employee
    You will need to pause the solution, split the edges and then resume. Or you can alter the mesh and read it back in, then interpolate the data before running on. I'd use the split option in Fluent. As you have an angle or gap between the wall sections you can split by angle too.
  • KSD
    Subscriber
    Sir, Yes sir. Interpolating the existing solution to newly defined named boundaries mesh file is much faster. Thanks a lot for the help.
  • Viewing 4 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.