April 22, 2021 at 2:25 pmChris KopetskiAnsys Employee
Is it possible to employ integrated model considering both laser generation and transport equations? Is it possible to combine transport models with laser emission?
The TWLM model in INTERCONNECT combines transport model (diffusion and carrier recombination) with laser emission. It is a 1D model suitable for edge emitting lasers and can be used for a standalone physical simulation or in a circuit simulation (combined with various external cavities):
The CHARGE solver does not model laser emission directly, but it does have a stimulated recombination model and the parameters of this model can be populated from the TWLM simulation. Find more details in section Stimulated recombination here:
Question migrated from the Lumerical Knowledge Exchange.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.