Preprocessing

Preprocessing

Is it possible to mesh a line body ?

• yengera99
      Subscriber

I need all the line bodies I have in my sketch since it is the blades of a turbine in a 2D sketch, therefore I do not want to suppress the bodies. If this is not possible what is the best alternative to make it work?

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      To create a 2D impeller you will want the blade currently represented by a line to have a surface area. Can you rotate each line a few degrees to make a surface? You should use a new sketch to draw a circle to make a new surface which is just outside the tips of the blades. Then you should subtract the blade surfaces from this circle. This circular surface with blade shaped cutouts becomes the rotating mesh. Subtract the circle from the outline of the domain. That becomes the static mesh. You should end up with two surfaces that don't overlap, that share a common circular edge.nIn Workbench, set the Geometry cell to have an Analysis Type of 2D before you open Meshing.n
    • yengera99
      Subscriber
      How does rotating a line create a surface ? Won't it still remain a line body without any surface area ? n
    • Rahul Kumbhar
      Ansys Employee
      Hi ArrayWhat Array suggesting is instead of lines to represent blades, use small surfaces in 2D. From the 'Quick Launch' box, search show error. Click on the options listed, and it will show error message in message window. This message can indicate why there is still question mark in the model. You can also use Display>>Show Error option.nn
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      Most CAD programs allow you to extrude or revolve a curve to create a surface. As the curve sweeps through space, it covers an area that becomes a surface.n
    • yengera99
      Subscriber
      Thank you so much for the help!!n
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.