May 10, 2021 at 9:57 amnasmuhdSubscriber
I want to know if it is possible to create a model with a DP system. My objective is to study vessel exursion and plot the graph against worst sea condition. This way i can evaluate the limiting criteria with current offshore standard (DNV GL, ABS, API). Appreciate if someone in ANSYS can clarify this. Thank you
NasMay 10, 2021 at 1:50 pmIngrid MacheclerAnsys EmployeeHello Nas,
the external user force is probably the best approach for you to implement (in python) a PID controller.
There is an example of the external user force in your installation (under v
\aqwa\utils\ExternalForceCalculation). You will find further details in section 30.3.1 of the user's manual.
I hope this helps.
Kind regards Ingrid
May 11, 2021 at 7:24 amnasmuhdSubscriberDear thank you for your clarification. I will look into it.
Viewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
Top Rated Tags
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.