March 29, 2023 at 6:33 amMariah HaSubscriber
I would like to know if it is possible to perform 1D simulations in CHARGE as I found only 2D and 3D simulation region choices in the CHARGE tool. If not, which Lumerical tools are able to simulate 1D ?
March 29, 2023 at 11:36 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
I am not sure what kind of device you are going to simulate. But the boundary conditions in CHARGE are insulating if not electrodes. If your device does not have any charge flow in the other two dimensions you can use 2D simulation with small 2nd dimension span. Make sure the structure is invariant in the other dimensions.
April 13, 2023 at 6:28 amMariah HaSubscriber
Thank you for the reply. I am simulating a simple photodiode. But, in general, is there an option for 1D simulations in charge lumerical?
April 13, 2023 at 3:46 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
Unfortunately no currently, the default is 2D. Please file a feature request by referring to this post:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Why my simulation result is different from published paper or experiment?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.