Fluids

Fluids

Is it possible to run the simulation for two different cases into one simulation?

• vinaychandrakar11
      Subscriber

I am trying to simulate normal fluid flow in a cylinder with two different inlet temperatures. Case 1 is with 500K and Case 2 is at 750K. I am able to do it individually for case 1 and case 2.

I would like to know that is it possible to do two simulations in one run because it will reduce my computational time, if other boundary conditions except one (here temperature) remains same and geometry and mesh is also remain unchanged.

Please see the image.

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
    • vinaychandrakar11
      Subscriber
      I would like to know the ways of doing it. Can you help me with this?
    • Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
    • vinaychandrakar11
      Subscriber
      I think you didn't understand the question clearly. I clearly mentioned that I want to know the ways to perform two simulations (case 1 and case 2; two different inlet temperatures) in one run not two different simulations. I hope now you will get it.
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Set the boundary condition in each tube separately. I'd run two sequential calculations as it's quicker and far more difficult to get muddled up later.
    • vinaychandrakar11
      Subscriber
      Okay, it means there is no way to do both simulations in one go.
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      You can run as we suggested above using different boundary labels but risk confusing yourself and the solver. Or run sequentially (single licence) or buy multiple licences and run several at once. I have 10 solver keys (staff licence) so could run 10 models at once: as I only have a 4 core cpu that wouldn't be very efficient.
    • Monster7c
      Subscriber
      Right click on solution and use the "duplicate". It will clone everything. Then, change the boundary condition for that one. Then, you have two boundary condition in one simulation.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.