Fluids

Fluids

Is it possible to simulate high fluid deformation in Ansys Fluent?

• rickm98
      Subscriber

Hello experts,

because I can't make this simulation work I wanted to ask if it is even possible to simulate the doctor blading process in Ansys Fluent or by system coupling. In this process a doctor blade (orange) pushes the viscous Fluid (green) into a cavity. I think the deformation rate of the fluid is too high but maybe someone has an idea how to make it work.

Regards

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Insert your picture in your text. _What do you mean you cannot make simulation work?
    • rickm98
      Subscriber
      In my simulation the doctor blade moves but it just ignores the fluid and the fluid doesn't move with the doctor blade.
      I have dynamic mesh on and have deforming for the fluid activated. Any idea why the fluid ignores the blade?

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Assuming the pale blue block is the blade, where is the fluid region?
    • rickm98
      Subscriber
      In this process a blade (orange) pushes the viscous Fluid (green) into a cavity.The block should get deformed by the blade.
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      So Orange is a solid blade which needs to push the green fluid. How are you accounting for that in Fluent?
    • rickm98
      Subscriber
      That's what I'm not sure of. At the moment I think Ansys Fluent is the wrong software for this simulation but I thought maybe i am missing something
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Do you want to model the fluid dynamics in the "green" fluid domain or just want to account for deformations of the green domain?
    • rickm98
      Subscriber
      I want to account for deformation of the green domain
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      What sort of fluid is the green block? Note, there are two green blocks so I am assuming it's the one next to the orange one.
    • rickm98
      Subscriber
      It has nearly the properties as honey and yes you are assuming right.
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Should be doable with Fluent providing you have the right material viscosity and taking care about the numerics of transfer of displacements and forces :)
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.