Fluids

Fluids

Is it possible to update only one output parameter column in the parameter set?

• Pooja S
      Subscriber

design points

I made a mistake in the definition of an output parameter, and realized it after a few (20) design point analyses. When I corrected the definition in the setup, the data from that column disappeared and others are preserved even though with the ⚡ symbol. Is it possible to calculate the value of the missing paameter only for the design points, or will I have to run the analysis again? I have them exported into individual projects but that would be too cumbersome. 

Thanks in advance.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

You can't just update one parameter as the table is created from the runs, not data-mined. Assuming the case & data still exist you could manually extract the value(s). 

• Pooja S
      Subscriber

"Assuming the case & data still exist you could manually extract the value(s). "

Could you tell me how to do this? The second last column and the one before are moments about x and y axes, and the third was supposed to z where I mistakenly put x again.

Also even with a reasonably (to be honest unreasonably coarse) coarse mesh and 16 processes, the analysis seems to be quite slow : is there any way to speed it up ? 

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Set each DP in turn as "active", right click on the blue column cells then (I think) you can open the Solver part of Fluent from the workflow. Otherwise you need to go into the Workbench folder and find the various Fluent files in the dp# folders. 

How many cells in each model? How many real cores have you got? What is "slow"? The latter is because I'm used to models taking anywhere from 10minutes to several weeks or even some months to run. 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.