March 23, 2022 at 4:45 pmAbdul_4Subscriber
I need to simulate 400mm cube along with mooring lines. I am unable to provide proper cable properties and few limitation errors are coming. Kindly suggest me, if any tutorials or materials are available.
Thank you.March 25, 2022 at 2:19 pmIngrid MacheclerAnsys EmployeeHello What type of cables have you defined so far? And what type of errors do you get?
You can find some details on the cable definition in the User's manual, section 5.8 Define Connections.
Basically, you will need to define your 2 attachements points (your cube - 400mm? and your anchor for instance) and a cable (under Connections) where you can enter your cable's properties. If you are dealing with non-linear catenaries, you should also define their section's properties (right click Connection Data). If you have a subscription to the learning hub, you may find some additional training material.
If it comes to model scaling, I've put below the similarity rules you would need to use between your 400mm model and a enlarged model. Let's call A, the length scale ratio, A=L(model)/L(prototype).
Then, the similarity rules are:
wavelength and wave height scale ratios are A;
wave period scale ratio is sqrt(A);
Young's modulus scale ratioof cable is A.
Mass and force scale ratios are A^3.
I hope this helps.
Kind regards Ingrid
March 31, 2022 at 6:13 amAbdul_4SubscriberThank you for your response sir.Viewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.