Fluids

Fluids

Is it possible to use discrete phase model and 3d fan zone model in a fluent simulation?

• alnbvy
      Subscriber
      Hello,nnI am trying to simulate an airflow inside a circular pipe. In the middle of the pipe there is a fan. I am using 3D fan model in Fluent to simulate the fan (Located in cell zone conditions). Also, I want to track some particles inside the pipe. The particles are injected from a surface at the beginning of the pipe. I am using discrete phase model for this. My simulation is fine when I apply only one model (either DPM or fan) and I am pretty satisfied with the results. However, when I apply both of them at the same time I get the following error:nnError at Node 1:3D Fan Zone model is not available with Eulerian multiphase model.n===============Message from the Cortex Process================================nnCompute processes interrupted. Processing can be resumed.nn==============================================================================nnIs there a way that I could apply both of these models at the same time? Is Fluent capable to do this? nDo you think using a UDF fan model instead of built-in fan model would help?nThanks for your time and considerationn
    • Konstantine Kourbatski
      Ansys Employee
      The error message is self-explanatory:3D Fan Zone model is not available with Eulerian multiphase model. This limitation is clearly outlined in the Documentation, specifically Sec. 7.2.4. 3D Fan Zones of the user guide. Do you have multiphase model turned on in your case?n
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.