Fluids

Fluids

is scripting available for CFX

• Mrjiang
      Subscriber

is APDL scripting available to CFX analysis? i know that CFX uses CFX solver but is it possible to run CFX with scripting? 

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

No. CFX Command Language and User Fortran are available in CFX. You can off course use scripts in CFX.

• Mrjiang
      Subscriber

is there any document on scripting in CFX? i was only able to utilize the journal command and the output.txt create by the solver. but i couldnt script the process of importing an iges into geometry and meshing it. 

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Hi,

Are you working within the Workbench? Which products are you using for pre-processing. CFX cannot create meshes as it is Solver Only.

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Hi,

Are you working within the Workbench? Which products are you using for pre-processing. CFX cannot create meshes as it is Solver Only.

• Mrjiang
      Subscriber

i m working within Workbench and hoping to create a script for what i am doing in there. I want to create a loop process. 

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

For Workbench you will need JScript in DM to prepare the model JScript in Mesh to generate Named Selections and mesh, python for SpaceClaim and , CEL for CFX-Setups a Python to create GUI in the Workbench where all these sub-steps can be triggered.

To get started I recommend attending a Customization training.

• rgfsteed
      Ansys Employee

CFX allows scripting through Perl commands inserted within the CCL, a.k.a. Power Syntax. More can be found on this in Chapter 17: Power Syntax in ANSYS CFX in the CFX Reference Guide.

That said, scripting in Workbench can be a bit more complicated as it supports multiple products which each have their own scripting languages, as well as Workbench itself, which allows you to write scripts in Python.

Before you dive into writing scripts, perhaps you can explain what it is you want to write a loop process to do. While much can be accomplished using scripts, there are often simpler ways to accomplish your goal.

Regards,
      Robin

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.