March 11, 2022 at 12:20 pmmurali666Subscriber
I am trying do a large eddy simulation to simulate a 3D flow field around a bridge pier. The geometry of the flow domain is given below. Inflation layers are given on the surface of the cylinder, bottom and on sides. The mesh cells are looking nasty at the intersection of two inflation layers. Please tell me weather shown mesh is suitable for LES study. If not, please mention how to improve the mesh quality in those regions.March 15, 2022 at 3:31 amKeyur KanadeAnsys EmployeeThe min orthogonal quality should be above 0.1 to proceed to solver. If it is less than 0.1 then please improve the mesh." target="blank">
First check the locations of the bad elements. Please see following video for the same.
Once you have locations, please check if you can improve mesh using different mesh sizing. Please see following video.
How to access Ansys Online Help Document
Guidelines on the Student Community
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.