May 30, 2018 at 10:16 amniklas529Subscriber
I just generated uniform hex dominant mesh with size of 1mm^3, but when I check the nodes location of lower(z=0) and upper surface(z=0.01), it turned out that the x,y location of nodes of two surface were different. can someone help me with that?
BTW, the following pictures are the details of my object.
upper surface (z=0.01)
May 30, 2018 at 11:09 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
Hex Dominant does not guarantee a hex only mesh. Sweep does.
Right click on Mesh in the Outline and Show Sweepable bodies. Does this body light up green? If not, you need to go into DesignModeler and Slice the body so all the different split lines initially on only one of the z faces are on both faces.
You showed your geometry in this post and I gave you the same advice then as now. If you need help with Slicing, you can attach your model to your reply as a Workbench Project Archive.
May 30, 2018 at 12:47 pmniklas529Subscriber
Thank you so much !!!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- User manual
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- material damping and modal analysis
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.