November 15, 2023 at 4:00 amZijun ZhengSubscriber
I am learning ironpython scripting. Now I just record and check the wbjn file. I also downloaded the ACT_API_reference_Guide (2023), but I don't quite understand how the guide is organized. For example, I cannot find any comments about the method 'GetSystem()' in the book.
Is there a better way to learn what method is available for a certain datatype?
November 15, 2023 at 7:52 amErik KostsonAnsys Employee
GetSystem() we need to pass the name of the system ID which we find under the system and Properties and General an System ID.
For an example see here:
All the best
November 16, 2023 at 8:14 amZijun ZhengSubscriber
Thanks. But my problem is that I do not know how to get the help information.
November 16, 2023 at 9:45 amErik KostsonAnsys Employee
Hi You are more than welcome.
I agree with you that Workbench scripting documentation is very limited.
Here is the help doc link.
We see some examples of GetSystem(), but no specific explanations referencing just this command.
If you are not able to open the links, refer to this forum discussion: How to access the ANSYS Online Help
Another good way to see how they work is to use the workbench script recorder , that is what I do.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Defining rigid body and contact
- Colors and Mesh Display
- A solver pivot warning or error has been detected
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.