March 22, 2021 at 4:20 pmbegovaSubscriberI am trying to import nk data into Lumerical MODE as a custom material to use with the varFDTD solver, I want to simulate a periodic structure with ~1000+ units of this nk material. I wrote a script to import it and it seems to work until the software becomes unresponsive when its almost done importing (sometimes it manages ~600 units, sometimes ~800, etc.) Is this a memory limitation of Lumerical and is there a work around possible? I've let the software continue working overnight and it seems to stay stuck at whatever amount of units it gets to.n
March 22, 2021 at 7:06 pmGuilin SunAnsys EmployeeYes, there is an issue when you use this method to import large volume of data.nDepending on your device and refractive index variation, you may use binary import if your device has only 2 different materials. You can refer this link https://kx.lumerical.com/t/using-importbinary-to-create-a-2d-array-of-rectangular-binary-pixels/34700 (please note that this like will expire soon as we move KX posts to here).n If the nk values change in space like this kb page https://support.lumerical.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034901993-Import-object-Spatial-n-k-data it is ry challenge.n
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.