Electronics

Electronics

Is there a possibillity to auto safe project after solution ?

• 69mancl
      Subscriber
      If not. Why not ? nAnsys is notoricly famous for bad data handling. My Temp folder was 40 GB even after i uninstalled the ansys from PC complitely. Yet i lose my data on daily basis. The ansys crashes more offten than GME stock so it would be nice if it would have some sort of autosave (not only the one which saves after few iterations of modeling). nMany times i let ansys maxwell electronics desktop run over a few days. The simulation completes and then something happens (windows update, ansys error etc) and my data are lost due to unability to save the results. nThanks in advance Mancl.n
    • icellb1
      Ansys Employee
      Hi,nBy using CleanStop you can manually break an analysis and resume from where it's broken, but there is no automatic way to autosave your analysis when there's unexpected crashing.n
    • 69mancl
      Subscriber
      Thanks. nI'm aware that you can clean stop. Also i don't want save when unexpected crash happens. I want save before it happens.nLets say i start simulation which takes roughly 5 hrs to finish, but earliest i can get to the PC is after 10 hours. The simulation succesfully completes after 5 hours and then it just sits there waiting for me. And then, before i can come in, the computer restarts. If the project could autosafe after succesfull completion then there would be no loss. But since there is nothing like that, i just lost results from simulation that ended succesfully. What bothers me, that workbench have that feature. Why not electronics desktop ? This feature should be implemented. It makes me wonder, why it has not been done yet, since it is common sense to backup data earliest possible. n
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.