Materials

Materials

Is there a property characterizing surface tension or wetability in CES ?

• charlotte.becquart
      Subscriber

Hello

Is there a property characterizing surface tension or wetability in CES ?

Charlotte Becquart

• David Mercier
      Ansys Employee

Hi dear Charlotte,

I believe there is not so much in EduPack just hygro-thermal properties in the 'Built Environment' database. In Selector, you can find a bit more with the JAHM or Polymers DBs for example. See please screenshots below. Hope this will be helpful.

Cheers

David

• charlotte.becquart
        Subscriber

Thank you David, there are a few surface energies for the elements but not for the materials, hence my question.

• David Mercier
      Ansys Employee

Yes I agree. You can make the link between elements and materials in the Materials Science and Engineering Database in EduPack if needed.

• charlotte.becquart
      Subscriber

Hi David

what do you mean by "you can make the link" ? what can I do (concrètement) ?

• David Mercier
      Ansys Employee

Hi Charlotte,

I mean by make the link that you can "jump" from on data table to another one in MSE database (eg, The Elements to MaterialUniverse, see screenshot below) but that's all.

• charlotte.becquart
      Subscriber

OK, thank you David

• charlotte.becquart
      Subscriber

Another completely different question: How do I specify in my research of materials that I do not want them to be produced in a military nation or a nation where the litteracy of women is close to nothing ? I really like the nations table but I do not see how to use it in a search for a material to make a seal for instance

• David Mercier
      Ansys Employee

It is a step by step approach in EduPack when you want to make a multi-criteria material selection, based on attributes or properties specific to a database. You have first to apply limits (Female literacy...) on the 'Nations of the World" database as a first step, and save the results into a favorite list.Then redo a material selection step using "MaterialUniverse" and select in tree step only favorites nations, which were foudn in the 1st step. It is not a smooth and obvious material selection, but it is the same appraoch as when you want select only materials that you can process with a specific process family for example. It can be done only manually in EduPack and using other tools like Granta MI with python can help to do that, especially in research or advanced iundustrial projects:https://www.ansys.com/products/materials

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.