Fluids

Fluids

Is there a way to have two different mesh refinement levels based on volume fraction.

• Mohamed_Wael_Badawy
      Subscriber
      Hi,nI am simulating a compound droplet moving in a continuous phase fluid. I am able to adaptively refine both the outer and inner droplets perfectly. However, I can only select the same refinement levels (layers) for both droplets. I need to make the mesh for the smaller droplet much smaller than the larger one. Is there a way to do this?nP.S. I can easily use expressions and conditions to select the mesh adaption regions but I can?t set multiple refinement levels.nThanksn
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      I don't think so, the assumption is that you refine to a gradient/value and want the same level of refinement everywhere. n
    • Mohamed_Wael_Badawy
      Subscriber
      Thanks. I have a related question. nIs there a way to keep mesh inflation near a boundary while having a dynamically adaptive mesh. Every time I tries, the VOF mesh coarsening criteria remove the smooth mesh near the boundary due to existence of only 1 phase there.n
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Hi, you can steer that via an Logical expression where you boundary layer distance register.n
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.