Fluids

Fluids

Is There a Way to Model Aeroacoustic Sound and Also Its Propagation

• jiamufight
      Subscriber

I am trying to model the sound generated by a quadcopter and its propagation with the presence of obstacles. As we know, Fluent uses FW-H FW-H formulation to model aeroacoustic nose. However, it is applicable only to predicting the propagation of sound toward free space. So, I am wondering is there a way in Ansys to model the reflective effects of obstacles in aeroacoustic problems?

I come with two possible paths for this problem:

- Compute equivalent sources from CFD solutions and import them into the Acoustic Module to simulate the propagation with acoustic BCs. But, I didn't find a model in Ansys to calculate the aeroacoustic sources that can be imported into Acoustic Module.

- With the FW-H model, also consider the obstacle surfaces as sound sources to account for its reflective effects. I am not sure whether this idea is right or not, as I didn't find available information in the documentation.

Is there anyone who knows how to solve this problem? Which one of the two methodologies might work? Can't believe Ansys was not able to do this. Thanks!

• jj77
      Subscriber

If you can export your sources in time domain which should be straightforward I assume to export from fluent.

Then somehow import that into ansys WB and the acoustic act extension that does transient acoustics - again never done this but worth to have ago.

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

I have never done this either.  Here is the ANSYS marketing page for it.

• jiamufight
      Subscriber

Thank you! I am working on it

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.