February 16, 2022 at 4:29 amgogogogSubscriber
Does Charge solver gives the possibility to set symmetry domain boundary conditions? As far as I know symmetric and anti-symmetric boundaries are available are in FTDF and MODE. Is that the case for Charge? If not, why ?
Thank you.February 17, 2022 at 1:03 amKhashayar GhaffariAnsys EmployeeHi There are no symmetric boundary conditions in CHARGE. If your structure has symmetry you can try reducing the simulation region yourself and scale the results like current manually. You can find an example of this approach in the avalanche photodetector article. Here you can see that only half of the structure is simulated and the current is doubled in calculations done in the script.
February 17, 2022 at 11:48 amgogogogSubscriberThank you very much
Viewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.