General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Is there a way to use flatness values of a surface while testing for the bending of a body?

Tagged: 

• axl5062
      Subscriber
      Is there an option in ANSYS to use experimentally measured flatness values of a surface of a body to check for the bending of the body on the same surface due to the clamp loads?n
    • SaiD
      Ansys Employee
      Hi,nWhere do you want to use the flatness values? Do you want to use it to create a geometry that is not exactly flat? It is probably not possible to input those values to automatically generate a non-flat surface in the geometry.nOr do you want to compare your experimental results with a simulation in which clamp loads are applied to get the flatness values of the surface? In this case, you could probably use the Deformation result to see how much the clamp load deforms/bends the body.nnHope this helps,nSain
    • axl5062
      Subscriber
      I thank you for your response. You understood my question right.nI wanted to create a non flat surface with the values I have, however, as you said, if that cannot be done, I would like to try the second option. How can I analyse the exact bending at different points on the surface or the surface as a whole due to clamp loads? n
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      Please insert an image to illustrate the problem. Show the clamp, show where other loads will be applied and how the part will bend.n
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.