July 23, 2019 at 1:44 pmmoeenkhurramSubscriber
'' The properties Longitudinal Damping and Preload are not applicable for Springs with nonlinear stiffness. ''
July 24, 2019 at 12:15 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
Use a COMBIN14 linear spring if you want a spring with damping and preload.
July 24, 2019 at 6:17 amjj77SubscriberIt is not straight forward but possible to do in a manual way.
This video shows how
July 24, 2019 at 8:12 am
July 24, 2019 at 8:14 ammoeenkhurramSubscriber
Hi peter , I only want pre loading with non linear spring , no damping is it possible in combine 14?
July 24, 2019 at 10:25 amjj77Subscriber
Combin14 is a linear spring element.
July 30, 2019 at 7:45 ammoeenkhurramSubscriber
Hi peter , I tried with COMBIN 14 it dint work like the way I wanted. its a linear spring
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.