October 1, 2020 at 11:51 pmApril WangAnsys EmployeeIs there any way to drag and drop objects in the model tree around to reposition and group them? I want to reorder geometry, connections, mesh, and solution items but simply dragging and dropping does not seem to work? n
October 8, 2020 at 6:38 pmDave LoomanAnsys EmployeeYou can use drag and drop option but there are some limitations of grouping in Mechanical which are as follows: 1. Model object children (Geometry, Connections, Mesh, Solution etc except Chart) cannot be grouped. However, the child objects of these model-level children may be grouped. 2. You can not drag bodies or multi-body parts into the group. However, you can drag one group into the other group. 3. You can not drag contact or contact group from one 'connection group' into the other. However inside the connection group you can drag contact or contact group into the other. 4. Inside the Mesh, Named Selection, Analysis Setting and Solution, you can drag n drop objects. Please check this link for more details. https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v192/wb_sim/ds_group_objects.html n
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.