Is there any way to import External Data at different time steps and into different deformed shapes?
March 28, 2022 at 5:18 amAlexander19Subscriber
I'm trying to import Temperature profiles into a rod deformed at times t0,t1,t2, respectively using the External Data module.
The rod is deformed as shown in Figure below.March 28, 2022 at 1:58 pmMarch 29, 2022 at 1:35 amAlexander19SubscriberThank for your reply I know this option but it is used for controling the time steps only. When we want to import data from External Data, these data will be imported before starting the calculation . Thus, those data can be applied ONLY into the INITIAL shape of the wire.
March 29, 2022 at 12:54 pmRahul KumbharAnsys EmployeeOne workaround would be you can import the temperature in steady state model and then export the csv file. But for this export, use node numbers instead of xyz location.
Viewing 3 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Errors – Reinforced Concrete Beam
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- Cannot apply load on node
- Large deflection
- Colors and Mesh Display
Top Rated Tags