Electronics

Electronics

Is there anyone who simulate IH cooktop coil in Maxwell?

• HG_Kwak
      Subscriber
      I want to get resistance and inductance of IH cooktop coil.nI can get the resistance and inductance when there is only IH coil.nWhen a induction pot is on the coil, I cannot get the result.nThe material properties of the induction pot are as follows:n-Relative Permittivity : 1n-Relative Permeability : 600n-Bulk Conductivity : 1666667n-Dielectric Loss Tangent : 0n-Magnetic Loss Tangent : 0n-Core Loss Model : NonenEnergy error (%) does not converge.nApplying a fine mesh to the induction pot changes the total Energy (J) a lot.nHow can I get the precise result and energy error converge?n
    • icellb1
      Ansys Employee
      Hi, Array ,nBy saying I cannot get the result, do you mean you cannot get R and L at all, or you cannot get the same R and L as the case without induction pot? Thanks.n
    • HG_Kwak
      Subscriber
      HI, ,nIf I set the percent error to 5% I get R and L, but if I set the percent error to 1% the energy error does not converge.nThe energy error(%) comes out like this 300 -> 100 -> 60 -> 30 -> 20 -> 10 -> 5 -> 4 -> 3 -> 4 -> 5 -> Out of memory..n
    • icellb1
      Ansys Employee
      Hi, HG_Kwak,nSince you were not able to get the result after adding complexity to your model (e.g. add the induction pot), It seems that the main obstacle here is your computer memory, otherwise you can try adding mesh operations to create finer mesh, increasing refining per pass and maximum number of passes to help achieve <1% error. However these all require computer memory. Converging depends on many factors, if you want a specific answer to your question you may need to share more details about your model and make sure your computer memory is enough.n
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.