Fluids

Fluids

Is there no way to increase CFL number linearly?

• ibopaul
      Subscriber
      Hello, I'm using Ansys Fluent 2021 R1 student versionnMy target simulation is steady flow with transonic flow on airfoil, so I used density based coupled solver.nAfter checked every input on calculation, in the Run calculation tab, I found that I can modulate CFL number on solution steering tab. (stage 1 and stage 2)nMy question is can I linearly increase CFL number in some iteration interval?nfor example, from 10 to 100 iteration, increasing linearly with initial CFL number to maximum CFL number.nThere is update interval tab, but I think this is not appropriate function for change CFL number linearly.nnThank you.n
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      If you are talking about steady state solution steering I guess no. n
    • YasserSelima
      Subscriber
      Yes it is possible using UDFnAll variables you set in the GUI could be changed from your UDF through RP_Set_Real ... and define_adjust is recalled every iteration ... So, if you are able to know the variable name, you will be able to modify it every iterationn
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      You can trigger solution steering based on iteration, but that will be step changes over a gradual increase. n
    • ibopaul
      Subscriber
      Thank you for comments!!n
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      that is wrong. If steady-state density based + solution steering the only way via scripting deploying some scheme functions (if this high level is required).n
    • YasserSelima
      Subscriber
      if you don't know how to do it, ask.n
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.