Is viscoelasticity (TB,PRONY) equivalent to frequency-dependent structural damping (TB,SDAMP) in a h
October 4, 2017 at 12:20 pmpglAnsys EmployeeIt is possible to define complex moduli with TB,PRONY that gives the same displacement response as frequency-dependent stiffness (TB,ELASTIC) and damping (TB,SDAMP). However, the stress results will differ since viscoelasticity considers the complex moduli in its stress calculations - in the ANSYS Help Viewer, see Section 188.8.131.52 "Stress" in "Mechanical APDL > Material Reference > 4. Nonlinear Material Properties > 4.7 Viscoelasticity > 4.7.3 Harmonic Viscoelasticity" for details. With frequency-dependent stiffness and damping, the elastic modulus is considered to be a real quantity, so there will not be any phase difference between stress and strain.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- How to deal with the error message about “You have specified result time (or frequency) = xxxx for a
- Any suggestions on speeding up convergence behavior with surface-to-surface radiation?
- What causes the following Warning message to be issued: “material XXX has a crack softening property
- How can I do a response spectrum analysis using more than 10,000 modes? The current solver limit is
- Can I define springs with coincident nodes defining each end? Can I use one spring element to define
- What is cause of error: display time for result item greater than the step end time?
- While projecting surfaces/curves onto cylindrical surfaces, the final shape sometimes deteriorates.
- In SpaceClaim, when I take section of the assembly, it is not recognizing all parts. How to identify
- How can I get displacements, stresses and plastic strains at the integration points for a shell mode